- Pop. Estimate: 6,257
- Children: 11.40% (713)
- Elderly: 25.00% (1,564)
- 2,791 gnome (44.6%)
- 1,984 human (31.7%)
- 1,008 half-elf (16.1%)
- 201 halfling (3.2%)
- 163 dwarf (2.6%)
- 63 half-orc (1%)
- 47 other (0.7%)
- 4 Districts
- 156 Businesses
- 919 Specialists
- 805 Residences
Altenbin Keep is known for the following resources:
- Abundant vampire beaver colonies that are feared by magic users. Muddud Mokcracker The Black said one might dig up bags of silver in a well.
- New coconut plantations that are frequented by wenches. One might dig up a stash of gold in a tomb nearby.
- Huge cork trees that are visited frequently by townspeople. Somoeone said someone found a chest containing penis sheathes in a well.
- Ape troops that are visited frequently by witches. The locals speak of piles of monkey wrenches in a dungeon.
- Creepy coconut plantations that are frequented by vampires.
- Long, long ago in a city far, far away, a lich named Dosh haunted the town and was drawn towards thieves. Folks say that if you caught her, you will die within 24 hours.
- In olden times, a devil named Duk wandered the countryside when the moon is new. Some say that if you face her, you will die within 24 hours.
- In times past, the royals of Bludstein lived in harmony. Things were good, but one day a devil named Duunus Bregcloud stole a priceless heirloom. The royals tried to stop the devil, but failed miserably. Along came a authoritarian half-dwarf named Jamic Bererley, who was an expert bowman. Jamic had a plan to trick the devil by causing a distraction while others struck. When Jamic Bererley faced the devil, Jamic Bererley defeated Duunus Bregcloud and rescued Bludstein.
- Once upon a time, a cyclops named Hathgo roamed the swamps and was drawn towards those that have killed innocents. Commoners say that if you confront her, you will be driven mad.
- A long time ago, an old woman frequented the streets and was drawn towards thieves. They say that the old woman will ask a favor of you, then steal your soul.
Job Postings [-]
- Commoner seeks apprentice. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Dan MacStanhouse.
- Required: Missing jewel. We suspect derros are the culprit. Guild membership required. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Zrabgarz Bonenor The Strong.
- Help Needed: Looking for something new? A passing Barbarian is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. Must provide your own transportation. Safety not guaranteed. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Joe Wiler.
- Looking for something new? Bounty for mephits, dead or alive. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Porkaro.
- Require an instructor learned in horseback riding to tutor my child. Reward available. Contact Balgan Steelmine if interested.
- grog tester wanted. Must be a quick learner. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Seestred Tesstride.
- Wanted: I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Dan Antonman if intrigued.
- Scholar seeks rare supplies: Scholar unable to gather a rat tail due to age, seeks trustworthy agents to gather materials for research. Guild membership required. Reward available. Contact Brerm Brainmouth.
- Required: Bored? Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Must submit to magical scrutiny. Reward is a secret. Contact Mus Ghosttkill for further details.
- Needed: Hearty souls needed to recover stolen potato. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Donry Colan if interested.
- Bounty for derros, dead or alive. Will reward you with valuable information. Must submit to magical scrutiny. Contact Don Barll if interested.
- Help Needed: Need a change of pace? imps-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. Will pay in gold. Contact Permirane Freemidas.
- Want to earn some quick coin? Hearty souls needed to recover stolen wagon wheel. Opportunity to earn a title. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Dav Wilfield.
- Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Danry Shegan.
- Looking for something new? A passing Paladin is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. Reward is a secret. Must be quick on your feet. Contact Tmunk Damndeath.
- Skaag Stonekeep is a male dwarf who is known in the neighborhood as being a renowned social worker. He appears cautious.
- Arrim Goldaltar is a female dwarf who is known in the world as being a gifted vintner. She appears resentful.
- Tomvin Rocketjet is a female gnome who is known in that part of town as being a gifted cartwright. She appears territorial.
- Dav Wilridge is a male human who is known in the neighborhood as being a gifted specialty smith. He appears outlandish.
- Comaine Waterflower is a female halfling who is known in the world as being a horribly skilled entertainer. She appears skeptical.
- Toline Silverhead is a male halfling who is known in the world as being a poorly skilled illuminator. He appears chatty.
- Arnby Cogglejet is a male gnome who is known in the city as being a reasonably skilled glovemaker. He appears scattered.
- Gaeartava Maernstryke is a female half-elf who is known in the world as being a horribly skilled soldier. She appears shifty.
- Mickey Burin is a female human who is known in the city as being a decent smith. She appears authoritarian.
- Don Goodsford is a female half-elf who is known in that part of town as being a laughably skilled smith. She appears smitten.
- Throag Hawkfist is a female dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a decent beer seller. She appears gambling.
- Larriglas Goldsun is a male half-elf who is known in that part of town as being a skilled vintner. He appears authoritarian.
- Jamey Benall is a male human who is known in that part of town as being a horribly skilled ostler. He appears boastful.
- Davry Antonll is a female half-elf who is known in the region as being a renowned cartwright. She appears impatient.
- Adavarlleu Bannisky is a male half-elf who is known in the world as being a reasonably skilled stablehand. He appears pacifistic.
- Jengan Electrofuel is a male gnome who is known in the city as being a poorly skilled beer seller. He appears efficient.
- Wiznk Cogglewink is a female gnome who is known in the neighborhood as being a poorly skilled woodseller. She appears patronizing.
- Tolgrin Highstoat is a male halfling who is known in that part of town as being a decent sheriff. He appears scattered.
- Belrigthil Darkborne, a flirtatious male half-elf. He is a commoner who is seeking revenge.
- Throorin Uglybeard, a patronizing male dwarf. He is a commoner who is finding a long-lost friend.
- Jen Rocketbolt, a shifty male gnome. He is a warrior who is cleaning out a monster infestation.
- Tom Wobbbun, a trusting male gnome. He is an adept who is traveling with a circus.
- Larellanae Silvermane, a conspirational female half-elf. She is a sorcerer who is following rediscovered ancient lore.
- Droorin Steelfist, an easily offended male dwarf. He is a fighter who is following the voices.
- Grimgan Clawblade, an authoritarian female dwarf. She is a commoner who is finding a long-lost distant relative.
These establishments worthy of mention in Altenbin Keep:
- The Olde Fig Purse Shop [+]
- The Colored Bunk General Mechandise [+]
- The Black Hatchet Inc. [+]
- The Smithy Virgin Shop [+]
- The Lecherous Rooster Blowers [+]
- The Lecherous Snake Blowers [+]
- The White Dead Inc. [+]
- The Wistful Dwarf Store [+]
- The Puking Silver Locksmith [+]
- The Lazy Harpoon Shop [+]
- The Bottomless Wagon Fish House [+]
- The Dancing Wig Inc. [+]
- The Shallow Giant Saw Mill [+]
- The Dry Peddler Shoppe [+]
- The Twisted Cloak Builders [+]
- The Short Ent Bindary [+]
- The Open Hops Shoppe [+]
- The Stinky Whisper Color Shop [+]